Thursday, July 23, 2009

Why I Run?

One of my 'non-workout' friends asked me why I ran and, unfortunately, I wasn't witty or quick enough to come up with an answer besides "its good for me". Honestly, why do I run? There are days where I get up at 5 am in order to get a few miles in, even though I was up all night with a sick kid. The run sucks, struggling to put one foot in front of the other, yet I choose to run rather than sleep. Is it really because I want the cardiovascular benefits of running or because I don't want to feel guilty about the ice cream I ate the night before? No, I run because I need it. I need it way more for its psychological benefits vs. its the physical benefits. I am a more patient mom when I run (trust me, with 3 girls I need patience!), I am able to recognize all I have been blessed with (the ability to get out of bed and run!) and I feel like I am able to accomplish so much more in life. If I can wake up and push my body to run, I can handle my daughter's pre-teen ways, my husband's hectic travel schedule, my parent's health issues and so much more. I run for ME to make ME a better person. I probably won't ever win a race but when I make it to that starting line I realize I have accomplish so much more than winning. In fact, getting to that start line is my medal!

1 comments:

The Info in the blog is out of this world, I so want to read more.
components of fitness
female fitness models
fitness courses
fitness boot camp
 

Post a Comment