Saturday, September 11, 2010

Group Run #9



10 miles and 2 more training runs to go!! It is hard to believe that the race is 3 weeks away. I hope everyone's confidence is building up after tackling a double digit mileage. I wanted to share some inspiration quotes that help me through training. Runners, especially distance runners, have a LOT of time to think about why they run. There are days that I really search for that answer, but these quotes truly help me at times:

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement." Steve Prefontaine

"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished'. There is a lot of satisfaction in that." -Fred Lebow, Co-Founder NYC Marathon

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'" -Peter Maher, marathoner

"Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it." -Oprah Winfrey

And Lastly..my FAVORITE:

"I always loved running..it is something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs." -Jesse Owens

0 comments:

Post a Comment