Wednesday, August 17, 2011

3rd Group Run



Third week of training is OVER! It is hard to believe that in 9 weeks some of us will be running our first Half Marathon. I am very excited to see this group accomplish 13.1 miles. Our third group run focused on speed work for our intermediate group, a fast 5K, where the novice group continued to go up in miles to 5 miles. Everyone felt great and was excited to get through another hot, group run. Hopefully as we approach September, we will have cooler temperatures.

I talked to a runner today who was frustrated during some of her runs. She said her training runs were so inconsistent, some runs felt "Great" and others she felt "slow and sluggish". I told her the reason we all continue to run is because it keeps us humbled. I think it is impossible to get cocky while training....running is the sport that I know I will never check off my to do list. It continues to humble and challenge me...kinda like life. I remember thinking when my 3 year old gave up her pacifier that life with her would be smooth sailing...let me just say, she continues to challenge me daily. When I wake up to do a run, I always think about the day before or ahead of me and know if I can get through that run, whether GREAT or TOUGH, I can certainly tackle what life has to throw me!

1 comments:

I¡¯m delighted that I have observed this weblog. Lastly anything not a junk, which we undergo extremely frequently. The web site is lovingly serviced and saved as much as date. So it must be, thanks for sharing this with us.
extreme fitness
fitness unlimited
fitness instructor insurance
fitness resource
 

Post a Comment