Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Group Run #4



2 weeks ago we all got together at our usual spot, at our usual time, ran, drank gatorade and talked about the next week's group run. Unfortunately, our plan run last Saturday was cancelled due to the devastating storm...Hurricane Irene. Many of us were without power for days and some even experienced damages to houses and properties. I am sure the thought of running wasn't as the forefront of our minds. So for those of us who were not able to get our run in, I feel very confident we have many weeks going forward to get all the runs we need in to accomplish our 13.1 miles. In fact, after seeing what people have endured and lost this week, it certainly puts things into perspective. Instead of feeling stressed by a training schedule, I am going to embrace it. Every day I am able to get out there and run is a good day!

During these stressful days exercise has become a way to de-stress. I am very thankful of the many crews out there working day and night in order to make our lives comfortable. I will take that into our next weeks' runs. Let's make every step forward a positive one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment