Sunday, August 22, 2010

Group Run #6



We are half way there! Saturday was a 'drop back' week, our long run mileage decreased to get us ready for the 2nd half of our training. From this point on we will start heading towards double digit mileage. This is also the point in training where a lot of people start dreading their training runs and, at times, want to throw in the towel. The best advice I can give is focus on the benefits of training-getting stronger, leaner, healthier...trust me this will past and you will be so proud of yourself for sticking to the program.

I personally like to create incentives for myself. Sometimes I dread my long run days, but I incentivize myself with a trip to Dairy Queen with my girls, a drive to Greenville for a REAL Starbucks Latte (full flavor!) or even a movie night..putting my feet up and enjoying a movie with my family. I enjoy these events so much more knowing I completed my training goal.

So whatever gets you going, find what that is and make it a part of your reward for continuing to work through the next 5 weeks!

1 comments:

This picture remind me of my team. Anyway great moment and story!!!

zbsports
 

Post a Comment