Saturday, August 28, 2010

Group Run #7



With the increasing mileage, we are all starting to think about the upcoming Half Marathon Race. As the weeks progress we will start experimenting with fuel before, during and after our training runs. This is the time to see what works and what doesn't.

Saturdays are the one day I do not use my ipod while running. Today I realized that I actually looked forward to running without that distraction. Typically we choose to listen to music to help quicken our pace or to help us avoid thinking of the actual 'work' of running. When I focused on my breath and steps today I worked through the mental toughness of running. Honestly, there was a point, around mile 7, I wanted to just stop. However, I dug through and I must say that is when I achieved the "runner's high'. I felt more confident knowing I pushed myself through the crueling last miles without the use of my fall back songs: Eye of the Tiger, Push-It and Imma Be. Of course, seeing all of you out on the course pushing yourselves helped to motivate me-how can you not be inspired by 20+ people all working towards a common goal!

So, if you are married to your ipod for every run, try and go one run a week without it. Maybe you'll be able to solve a problem that has been bugging you, think about your day ahead, or just be proud of yourself for finding that inner mantra "I can do it, I can do it!"

1 comments:

Have you considered adding some relevant links to your article? I think it might enhance viewers’ understanding.
components of fitness
female fitness models
fitness courses
fitness boot camp
 

Post a Comment